Azura Selous Rates
Rates at Azura Selous Game Reserve start from $1050 per person sharing per night for stays of 3 nights and less. We offer a special Safari Rate for stays of 4 nights and more for $700.
9 January – 31 March 2017, 1 June 2017 – 7 January 2018.
Closed April & May
- Luxurious air conditioned tented villas with stone bathrooms, inside and outside showers and private plunge pools overlooking the Great Ruaha River
- All meals, bush breakfast, bush lunches and picnics
- dining in different locations each night, including a bush dinner, with daily changing a la carte menus
- Local beers & spirits, selection of house wines, soft drinks, tea & coffee, waters
- Daily sun downer set ups
- Bottle of sparkling wine from owners' estate in France in the villa on arrival
- All game drives and activities, including walking safaris, full day game drives with picnics, boating safaris when possible
- Personalised tailor made safari itinerary
- Night drive (one per person during stay is included on normal rate, not on safari rate)
- Various honeymoon special treats
- Tanzanian host service
- Return transfers from the Sumbazi airstrip
- Wifi access available in lounge area
- Various children's activities, each child receives a special children's book for learning about being in the bush, the game and be educated and looked after by a dedicated children's guide
- Selous park fees, compulsory at $88.50 per day per adult and $64.90 per day per child
- Night drives are excluded from safari rate, but can be added at charge of $142 per person per night.
- Tourism levy, compulsory at $1.50 per person per stay
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance, compulsory at $25 per person per stay
- Premium spirits, cocktails, wines and champagnes
- Personal gifts and staff gratuities
- Optional $10 per tented villa per night Rainbow Fund contribution
- Spa treatments
- 18% government tax charged on local extras
- Visas if required and travel Insurance (recommended)
- We welcome children of age 6 years and older at Azura Selous but guest privacy must be respected.
- A maximum of two children can share a tented villa with adults.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in their own tented villa in accordance with Selous Game Reserve rules.
- Children 17 years and over = full price
SUPPLEMENTS & DISCOUNTS
- Single supplement: 50% surcharge
- Group rates available on request
- < 6 weeks’ notice: 100%,
- 6 - 12 weeks’ notice: 50%
- > 12 weeks: deposit not refundable (30%)
- 30% deposit secures a booking, full payment due strictly 45 days prior to arrival
- Group bookings require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, groups are 10 persons and more.
- Minimum stay 5 nights 22 Dec – 5 Jan and 50% deposit required to secure booking
- If full payment not received within 30 days of arrival we reserve the right to cancel with no refund of deposit
- Rates and terms are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the company. Activities and/or inclusions are subject to availability, E&OE and rates valid from 28 June 2016.
RESERVE ENTRY & CONCESSION FEES
- Reserve Entry & Concession fees are payable at the time of reservation, incl 18% VAT and are subject to change upon short notice as they are controlled by the wildlife department.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time is 14h00. Please note that guests arriving earlier than this cannot be guaranteed a room. We ask that guests check-out by 10:00h so we have time to prepare rooms for incoming guests.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE
- All guests travelling to Azura Selous must have medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage. We are able to arrange for emergency medical evacuation coverage for $25 pp for a period of 14 days and add it to guest invoices. This fee is subject to change as this service is provided by a third party.
- Azura Selous will be closed in April and May.
- Rates for flights between Dar es Salaam and Azura Selous currently are $195 one way per person and there are several transfers every day.
- These connect easily with other destinations in Tanzania and northern Mozambique.
Azura Selous cannot be held responsible for the occurrence(s) of any difficulty in, delay or the impossibility of access to the property relating to road, airstrip, weather or any other conditions beyond the control of the camp. Any changes made to the original booking are subject to the conditions and rates, even if caused by the aforesaid conditions.
- The Sumbazi air strip is not tarred.